Monday, September 13, 2021

On My Way Out from the Town Wall's Gate

On my way out from the town wall's gate,

The welcomest words draw my ears on

What my angel never fails to say

From heaven to heaven to God:


Truth springs forth because I listen;

Not because I wish to speak.

"Thank You, Lord, for this Your good lesson

To write down for all those who seek."


But it was an angel I addressed,

Who stands between this fiery gate,

Who requires my heart be put to the test

That no untimely word may escape.


In so much zeal to give a lesson,

I took and I dropped it all too fast.

Kindled as quick by the heart's sweet confession,

Longing for His voice, free again I passed.


Here the air rang my ears with, Good news!

And with cheer I sprung 'round to tell all,

To find myself, as every time I do,

Face to face with the guard of the wall.


---

June 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment

Old Drawings 3

Dressing the Queen for the Ball. Same time as most of the other random shape drawings. Something I for some reason drew twice in high school...