Friday, October 1, 2021

Sweet Humility, Sweetest God

Knowledge of my sin

Makes a greater pit in me

Being filled with You.

 

Judge most merciful

Loves me purely; I say He

Sees not what I see.

 

Lower still He calls:

I saw it first; you are not

Seeing who I made.

 

If I would know this,

Tell me, what would he look like?                            

My Son crucified.

 

Look, think and wonder

On the suffering God-Man;

I cannot grasp this.

 

Jesus, ever new!

I never want to leave You!

Love, arrest my eyes!

 

Sweetness most precious,

Found humbled by none other

Than my sweetest God.

---
Auguste 2020 (#1)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Old Drawings 3

Dressing the Queen for the Ball. Same time as most of the other random shape drawings. Something I for some reason drew twice in high school...